Tyler Perry says Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'had no plan' – Daily Mail

By Jessica Green For Mailonline
|

947
View
comments

Tyler Perry has revealed in the final episode of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s docuseries how the couple ‘had no plan… they just wanted to be free’.
The American actor and filmmaker, 53, helped the Duke and Duchess of Sussex relocate to the US, offering them his $18 million Beverly Hills home to use as their personal residence. 
He says in the programme: ‘They just wanted to be free. They wanted to be free to love and be happy. They didn’t… They did not have a plan. Everyone’s like, “Oh, there’s this…” There was no plan.’
The first three episodes of Harry & Meghan – part of the Sussexes’ multi-million-dollar deal with Netflix – were streamed last week, with the final three hour-long episodes released today. 
Tyler Perry (pictured) has revealed in the final episode of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s docuseries how the couple ‘had no plan… they just wanted to be free’ 
After announcing in 2020 that they would step back from royal duties, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex relocated to California.
The couple, along with their then one-year-old son, Archie, spent a few months living in Perry’s Beverly Hills home before moving to their own $14.65million house in Montecito, California.
Perry previously explained why he offered help to the couple, insisting that it was a ‘very difficult time for them’ and that he wanted to ‘support them’ in any way possible. 
The filmmaker added that he was inspired by Harry and Meghan’s love, telling the Today show, ‘What I know about the two of them – and I wish the world knew – how much these two people love each other. 
The American actor and filmmaker, 53, helped the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (pictured) relocate to the US, offering them his $18 million Beverly Hills home to use as their personal residence 
‘They found each other, out of all these odds against them finding each other, they found each other. The love they have is really, really moving and I wanted to do anything I could to support them.’
He added of Meghan and Harry’s relationship: ‘If I don’t have that, what she and Harry have, I don’t want it. That’s really amazing.’
During an interview with The Cut, Meghan, 41, spoke out about her bond with Tyler, explaining that he got in touch with her after she first wed Harry, 38, in 2018.
She explained that he told her that he was praying for her, and that he ‘understood’ the intense pressure she was under.
According to Meghan, Tyler also told her that if she ever needed advice, she could reach out to him – so she did.
She soon began to open up to him about her struggles and the two grew close, despite them never even meeting in person.
‘Sometimes, you can tell your life story to a stranger on a plane as opposed to some of the people that are closest to you,’ she told The Cut.
According to the outlet, Tyler offering his home to the pair ‘became, in many ways, the reason that Meghan and Harry started their new life in Southern California.’
Read more: 
Published by Associated Newspapers Ltd
Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group

source

Leave a Comment